Eating clean doesn't mean you have to ditch the grains, but if it tastes good, why not? These grain-free chocolate chip cookies are fabulous and you won't miss the grain at all. The recipe is below.
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c mashed banana (approximately 1/2 of a small banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 c dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), chopped into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine coconut oil, egg and mashed banana, vanilla and maple sugar in medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt.
4. Add small bowl of dry ingredients to wet mixture (step 2) in medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
5. Fold in chocolate chunks.
6. Place drops or roll batter into cookies approximately 1 inch in diameter. Place cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake approximately 11-13 minutes. Allow cookies to thoroughly cool to harden, otherwise cookies will be incredibly crumbly.
Makes approximately 12 cookies.