This is one of the easiest recipes to make and a great way to break up the monotony of chicken for dinner. Think rotisserie chicken without the mystery of what your purchased rotisserie chicken was actually cooked with. (Just think! Eeew! It may have even been injected with a processed substance you would NEVER use!)
NOTE: We don't actually eat the legs and wings of the chicken; however we like to cook it with the chicken intact for taste purposes. Don't worry, the meat isn't thrown away - we use it as meals for our dog. If you don't have a dog or an animal you could feed it to, you could also adapt (change the baking time) of this recipe for split chicken breasts.
Roasted Italian Herb Chicken
- 1 TBSP Safflower Oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse grind black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarse grind sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Rinse and pat your chicken dry using an unprinted paper towel. Place chicken in a baking dish WITH sides (there will be some drippings).
3. Combine spices together in a small dish.
4. Spread olive oil on chicken and shake spice mixture over chicken to coat. Rub the spices into chicken, combining olive oil and spices together.
5. Stuff lemon and onion into chicken inner cavity. (You will not be eating this - it is for flavor.)
6. Bake for 75 minutes at 450 degrees F.
7. Allow chicken to cool for approximately 10-15 minutes prior to eating.