Our Salsa Chicken recipe is one of our most popular recipes and one that we make on a weekly basis. We were starting to get pretty tired of it even after dressing it up with black beans, brown rice, or using it in a salad. We decided we would start making it like we do the Buffalo Chicken with the chicken broth. It gives it a nice, fresh new flavor!
1. Add all ingredients to your crock pot except chicken broth and salsa. Pour in chicken broth until chicken is covered. Add half of the salsa to the crock pot.
2. Cook on low heat for at least 7 hours.
3. Once cooked, shred chicken with a fork. Pour all broth out.
4. Return chicken crock pot and add remaining salsa.
5. Cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes.
He & She Tip: Add sliced onion, bell peppers, cilantro, lime, or your favorite pepper to enhance the flavor.
Macros (based on a 6 oz serving):
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbs: 2 g
- Protein: 36 g
If you like this recipe, try our "Italian Stallion" Crock Pot Chicken!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.