Don't let the word "spinach" scare you from making this delicious protein shake. It's incredibly easy and delicious. Try this after a workout and not only will your muscles be thanking you, but so will your entire body! The spinach in the recipe provides essential vitamins like C, A and K, as well as the antioxidant, Lutein. The cherries in the recipe also add some much needed Vitamin B!
NOTE: This would be really fun to make for Valentine's Day because it is pink, despite the addition of the spinach. The protein powder that you use may change the color slightly.
Strawberry Cherry Spinach Powerhouse Protein Shake
- 1 c coconut or almond milk
- 1 c fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 c strawberries, quartered and stems removed (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 c cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- desired amount of ice
1. Add the coconut or almond milk, spinach, strawberries and cherries into a blender and puree until smooth and well mixed.
2. Add protein powder and ice to blender mixture and blend for approximately one minute.
Makes 1 serving.
- Calories: 275
- Carbs: 24g
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 8g