- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp oat flour
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 1/2 cup Xylitol Brown No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (avoid HFCS)
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 Tbsp water + 1 Tbsp water
- 1/8 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (avoid HFCS)
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- dash of salt
- 1.5 cups Stevia in the Raw
- 8-10 ounces dark chocolate, melted (try Lindt extra dark chocolate 85% cocoa)
1. Make the caramels:
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine everything except for the vanilla and peanuts.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat and continue to stir for approx 20 minutes. Add vanilla.
- Once combined, place the mixture aside while making the rest of the bar.
- Do NOT add the peanuts yet!
2. Using an electric mixer, combine 1/2 Tbsp water, brown rice syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, natural peanut butter, and salt until creamy. Slowly add Stevia in the Raw. Note: The Stevia in the Raw gives it a somewhat bitter taste at this point - this is okay!
3. Once combined, remove it from the bowl with your hands and press it into a lined or greased 4" pan. Place in refrigerator to cool.
4. If your caramel has hardened, heat it back up for a few minutes until soft. Once soft, mix in the peanuts. Once filling from step 3 is firm, pour caramel over the filling. Place back in refrigerator to cool.
5. Once your refrigerated mixture is firm (this could take a few hours), melt the chocolate in the microwave for approx 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Cut mixture into bite size bars and dip in melted chocolate to cover, using a fork.
6. Place bite size bars onto wax paper and allow to cool (this could take a few hours).
He & She Tip: We also poured some of ours into a lined muffin tin. If you are also doing this, make sure you add melted chocolate to the bottom, then add the filling, and finally top off with more melted chocolate.
Also try our other "healthier" candy recipes!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.