Want a FREE Dessert & Treat eCookbook?
I've had this recipe written down for a looong time but I didn't write down where it came from. I think it might be a Jillian Michaels recipe! Try it out for your next cookout!
Clean Eat Recipe: Lean Mean Cheeseburger
- 1 lb grass-fed beef or bison
- 2 Tbsp quick cooking oats (Substitute gluten free quick cooking oats)
- 1/2 tsp steak seasoning blend
- 4 sprouted grain hamburger buns, we use Food For Life brand (Ezekiel)
- 4 slices of cheese
- Place oats in a plastic bag & grind to a fine consistency with a rolling pin
- Combine beef/bison, oats, & steak seasoning into a large bowl & mix lightly.
- Form meat into 4 1/2" patties.
- Place patties on grilled & grill for 11 to 13 minutes, turning occasionally until done.
- Calories: 318
- Protein: 33 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbs: 24 g
These go perfectly with our Super-Sweet Potato Fries!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.