We have posted only a link to this recipe before, but thought you may want a more convenient way to find the recipe and make it! It's so good - it will be a special morning treat for your entire family! Have 2 overripe (or almost overripe) bananas? Then you are in business!
Eat Clean Banana Bread
Recipe from the Sensibly Fit
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour (Or 1 c Gluten-free Oat Flour and 1/2 c Coconut Flour)
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
- 1/2 c. sucanat sugar (could also substitute Xylitol or Stevia)
- 1/4 c. coconut oil, softened
- A pinch of sea salt (1/16 tsp.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Peel and mash bananas in a separate bowl, setting aside.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt and set aside.
5. Using a large bowl, combine egg whites, banana, sucanat, and coconut oil. Once mixed well, add flour mixture to banana mixture stir until moist. The batter should be lumpy, so do not over stir. Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Let bread cool for about 10-15 minutes prior to cutting.
Makes approximately 8 slices. Serving size is one slice.
Mets (If using sucanat):
- Calories: 226
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbs: 37g
This is a great recipe to have from time to time. It does freeze well, and 4-5 scrambled egg whites are the perfect compliment to the meal!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.