This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Avocados are one of favorite ways to get your daily intake of good fats in your diet! And one of our favorite "brand" avocados are Avocados from Mexico. They are always just the right combination of tangy, zesty flavor and picked at just the right time!
We have posted this recipe before, but since normal game day fair is burgers and hotdogs, we will be serving our guests these yummy chicken burgers (with avocados, of course!) for our SuperBowl hoopla!
Avocado Arugula Chicken Burgers
(Makes 4 Servings)
- ¾ lb chicken breasts, ground
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ c red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ c quick cooking oats
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 4 Ezekiel English muffins, separated
1. Mix ground chicken, tomatoes, red onion, black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt and quick cooking oats in a medium-size bowl. Form into 4 equal size patties.
2. In a skillet or a grill, cook chicken burgers thoroughly, turning to ensure they are cooked throughout. Cook for approximately 12-15 minutes.
3. Toast separated Ezekiel English muffins. Place ¼ cup of arugula on 1 side of English muffin, then add cooked chicken burger patty, followed by avocado slices. Dress your burger accordingly.
What will you be trying with your Avocados from Mexico this SuperBowl? We want to hear about it!
Not sure yet? Go check out their game day recipes board - it's full of great ideas - including some eat clean friendly recipes!
Here's a SUPER simple and fast clean recipe that you could make for an appetizer! Don't forget to make sure your salsa is clean too!
- Jim, Tiffany, Scott and Whitney