This has become one of our "go-to" recipes and is now a staple in our weekly food prep. It's easy to prepare and throw together when you're in a hurry. It's also a very versatile recipe - you can use it in a salad with guacamole, make tacos, add it to your scrambled eggs, or just mix it in with brown rice or quinoa! We usually make 3 lbs of this a week!
Clean Eat Recipe :: Honey Chipotle Ground Chicken
- 1 lb Ground Chicken Breast (our local Publix doesn't carry it, but they're always willing to throw packaged chicken breasts in the grinder while we shop)
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chipotle Pepper Spice
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Honey (drizzled over cooked meat - no more than 1 tsp)
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Coat pan lightly with olive oil.
2. Place meat, onion, and garlic in pan, cook under medium-high heat until meat is cooked through.
3. Turn heat to medium, add in cumin, chipotle pepper spice, oregano, and diced tomato and continue to cook until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
4. After meat is cooked, drizzle honey and mix into cooked meat. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
He & She Tip: Try combining Grass-Fed Beef with the Chicken for even more flavor.
Makes 4 Servings
Serving Size: 4 oz
Macros (per serving):
- Calories: 120
- Protein 25 g
- Carbs: 3 g
- Fat: 1 g
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.