We LOVE foods that mix and bake quickly! That's one of the reasons we like these. Another is because you get your protein and they are totally portable! Grab the recipe below!
Protein-Packed Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 c Quick Cooking Oats (also available gluten-free)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (you could use a vanilla flavored powder and omit the vanilla extract below)
- 1/2 c Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (pastry flour is milled finer than regular flour, although regular flour may be used as well)
- less than 1/2 c Xylitol (if you are uncomfortable using Xylitol, you can substitute Sucanet or Demerara sugar - just keep in mind that it changes the nutritional information for the muffin)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 c Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 c Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract (avoid HFCS)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, heated and liquified
- 1 c frozen Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (we use pure olive oil).
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Creating a well in the bottom of the bowl, begin adding and mixing in wet ingredients until fully combined.
4. Fold in blueberries to batter.
5. Fill 12-cup muffin tin with batter, equally filling each compartment.
6. Bake 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes prior to removing from tins.
Makes 12 muffins
Serving Size - 3 muffins
Mets: (based on 3 muffins)
- Calories: 304
- Protein: 16g
- Fats: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Sugars: 6
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.