This is definitely a go-to shake for those early mornings where you just don't feel like putting together a full breakfast and you're having a tough time waking up (which, for me, happens to be most mornings). To get an energy boost I throw in a packet of Starbucks Via (R) ready brew coffee and for some extra dietary fiber I add flax because the shake is so delicious you won't even taste it!
CHARGED MOCHA PROTEIN SHAKE
- 4 oz liquid egg whites (pasteurized carton)
- 4 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 packet Starbucks Via (R)
- 1 scoop (2 tbsp) ground flax
- A few ice cubes
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until all ice cubes are blended.
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 11g (don't worry - it's healthy (unsaturated) fat!!!)
- Carbohydrates: 14g (mostly fiber, so it's really only 5g net carbs for those limiting intake)
- Sugars: 1.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 33g
This shake has so many great nutritional benefits - it's a great source of Omega 3's (3.4 grams) and dietary fiber (almost 40% of your daily needs), protein, as well as potassium, calcium, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.