You've probably tried some of our other protein bar recipes (if not, you should!) but these Pumpkin Protein Bars are a great secret! These are a creation of Jamie Eason's and they are perfect for that fall snack (or really anytime during the year!).
Clean Eat Recipe :: Pumpkin Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup Ideal Brown No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 4oz jar baby food applesauce
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 15 oz can of raw pumpkin
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9 X 13" Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
3. Combine the first 11 ingredients & mix well.
4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts) & mix until incorporated.
5. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish & bake for 30 min.
Makes 24 squares.
Macros (without walnuts) - 1 square
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbs: 8 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
Macros (with walnuts) - 1 square
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbs: 8 g
- Protein: 4 g
He & She Tips: We highly recommend using the walnuts - we like the little "crunch" it gives! You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.
Please note that Xylitol can be toxic to animals so keep this ingredient away from your pets.
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com.