The popularity of kale chips in the US has skyrocketed over the last few years and I for one, am SUPER excited about this! Think potato chip meets healthy! They definitely have their own distinct flavor, but they are superior for crunch, nutrition and just plain snacking! Have 15 minutes...let's give this one a try!
Easy Oven Kale Chips
- 1 Head of fresh Kale
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 1/4 TSP coarse ground black pepper
- Olive Oil Spritzer
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash kale and pat dry. Separate kale from stem, leaving only leafy greens.
3. On a baking sheet, place kale so that pieces are not touching and spread evenly.
4. Mist with EVOO from Olive Oil Spritzer. Shake sea salt and coarse ground black pepper onto the leaves.
5. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until crispy and dehydrated.
1 Head of Kale yields approximately 6 servings
- Calories - 28
- Fat - 1g
- Carbs - 4g
- Sugar - 0g
- Protein - 1g
- Sodium - 166mg
This is a great, easy recipe! Get creative with your spices and enjoy your tasty, crunchy snack that even your kids will love. Beware, you will probably wish you made 2 batches!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.