These are very similar to the Banana Walnut Protein Pancakes but MUCH easier to make! We will sometimes make the batter the night before because we are so hungry when we wake up that we need something to eat right away!
- 1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats (substitute gluten free quick cooking oats)
- 12 egg whites
- 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese (we use Friendship brand, no salt added)
- 2 small bananas or 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender.
2. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with a light coat of cooking oil (coconut). Pour about 1/4 c of batter for each pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles appear on top, then flip to cook the other side, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all batter has been used.
Note: The pancakes may be dark brown, but don't worry, it's just the sugars in the banana...they won't taste burned.
Makes 4 servings ~ approx 12 pancakes (the number of pancakes will vary, depending on how large you make them)
Macros (this does not include any toppings):
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 7g
- Carbs: 32g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 22g
- Sodium: 233mg
He & She Tip: If your batter seems too runny you can add a Tbsp of oat flour.