The first time I had Whitney try a casein shake with water she hated it! Casein is very thick so most people don't like it. Try this version, we think it tastes like a milkshake!
Casein will slowly release amino acids to your muscles while whey will provide a quick shot of amino acids to your muscles. Therefore, casein is beneficial to take before bed because it will provide your muscles with a steady stream of amino acids while you sleep. You can also add flax to get a serving of healthy fat & fiber. Make sure you choose a clean protein powder!
- 4 oz liquid egg whites (pasteurized carton)
- Unsweetened almond milk (we use Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla)
- 1/2 scoop Casein
- 1/4 scoop Whey
- Flax (optional)
1. Add egg whites to a Blender Bottle (or a similar shaker bottle).
2. Add unsweetened almond milk until it hits 8-10 oz.
3. Add casein & whey protein powder (add in optional flax and/or water if it is too thick).
4. Mix together (you will have to shake for a minute or two) & enjoy!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.