These lovelies are just that - totally sweet with a little piece of fall! (Yeah... I know it isn't fall, but that crisp air, the smell of campfires, leaves scattered on the ground, the smell of caramel apples - which I can't eat, but I like the smell. Well, it takes me back! Let's just go with it!) Adapted from Jamie Eason's Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar recipe, these are totally scrumptious and won't mess with your diet at all! Take a look at the recipe and the macros - they are divine!
Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
adapted from Jamie Eason's Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar Recipe
Clean Eat Recipe :: Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
- 4 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 c Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 4 oz water
- 1 medium granny smith apple - grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a glass baking pan with olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
3. Combine the following ingredients in a bowl, whisking together to combine. Set aside.
- oat flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
4. Using another bowl, combine the following ingredients, whisking together to combine.
- egg whites
- low-fat cottage cheese
5. Add wet ingredients (2nd bowl, step #4) to dry ingredients (1st bowl, step #3), whisking to combine.
6. Fold in grated apple and mix to combine.
7. Pour batter into glass baking pan.
8. Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes.
Makes 16 servings.
- Calories: 61
- Fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Carbs: 5.9g
- Sugars: 2.5g
- Protein: 7.8g
He & She Tips: Does it matter if I use a glass pan? Can I use a non-stick pan? YES! It does matter! For some reason, you get a much more cake-like consistency if you use a glass pan - trust us! Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives and will spoil if left out.
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.