If you like Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins...you need to try this recipe! We make this almost every week. We don't even like meatloaf but we love this!
Clean Eat Recipe :: Jamie Eason's Monster Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion & red peppers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp tomato paste (no salt added)
- 3 lbs extra lean ground turkey (or ground chicken breast)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (substitute gluten free quick cooking oats)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup reduced sugar ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray 9X13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a large saute pan, cook the onions & peppers with salt, pepper, & thyme until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
3. Add garlic, soy sauce, chicken broth, & tomato paste, mixing until heated through.
4. Set mixture aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl combine ground turkey (or chicken), egg whites, oats, & sauteed mixture (cooled).
6. Mix by hand until all incorporated & press flat into the 9X13 Pyrex dish.
7. Spread ketchup in an even layer on top of the prepared turkey (or chicken).
8. Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour to an 1 hour & 20 minutes.
Makes 24 servings
He & She Tip: We usually do not use an entire cup of ketchup. We just add ketchup in a thin layer on top.
Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Quick Cooking Oats as an alternative
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 0.7g
- Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 15g
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.