This recipe has to be one of my new favorites! Make it once and you have 12 delicious mini-quiche egg muffins that are not only clean but filled with goodness! Better yet, at around 50-60 calories a piece, you can afford to stuff yourself full of muffins with lack of sacrifice and feeling like you are starving yourself!
Vegetables are full of essential vitamins that we need for our bodies to perform optimally. The richer the color - the richer the goodness! Color your morning and try this recipe - it's fabulous!
Clean Eat Recipe: Egg Quiche Muffins
- 4 scallions (or green onions), minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 14 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-muffin tin with olive oil (using a mister)
2. Combine vegetables in a big bowl. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with vegetables.
3. Whisk eggs and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
4. Use a 1/3-measuring cup for the egg mixture and pour slowly into each muffin tin. Egg mixture should fill tin the rest of the way. Bake for 30 minutes or until muffins have risen and are slightly browned. Serve.
He & She Tip: Muffins will stay for approximately 1 week refrigerated, or you can freeze them for later consumption (be sure to thaw overnight in refrigerator before eating).
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.
Source: Oxygen Magazine, "Eat Eggs, Get Lean", October 2011