based on the recipe from The AutoImmune Paleo Cookbook by Mickey Trescott, NTP (pg 231)
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1.5-in piece of ginger, peeled and minced
3 carrots, thinly diagonally sliced
1 lb broccoli, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 c coconut aminos
2 c mushrooms, chopped
2 c cooked shredded chicken breast
1 TBSP lemon juice
1. Liquefy the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes until onions are almost clear. Stir often.
3. Add garlic and ginger to the pan and saute for approximately 1 minute.
4. Add carrots, broccoli, salt and coconut aminos. Cook for 10 minutes, covered, stirring on occasion.
5. Remove lid and add mushrooms, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Add cooked shredded chicken, stirring to combine and bring all ingredients to the same temperature. Squeeze lemon juice over stir-fry once it reaches desired temperature.
Not sure what coconut aminos are? The best thing EVER. Well... close to it! They are an amazing alternative to soy sauce. With about 1/4 of the sodium of the lower sodium soy sauce and the obvious, NO SOY, coconut aminos have all the taste with none of the bad stuff!
What is your favorite Asian food dish?