Jamie Eason's Monster Meatloaf
1 1/2 cups chopped onion & red peppers
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (we use liquid aminos)
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tsp tomato paste (no salt added)
3 lbs extra lean ground turkey (or chicken breasts)
1 cup quick cooking oats
4 egg whites
1 cup reduced sugar ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray 9X13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a large saute pan, cook the onions & peppers with salt, pepper, & thyme until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
3. Add garlic, soy sauce, chicken broth, & tomato paste, mixing until heated through.
4. Set mixture aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl combine ground turkey (or chicken), egg whites, oats, & sauteed mixture (cooled).
6. Mix by hand until all incorporated & press flat into the 9X13 Pyrex dish.
7. Spread ketchup in an even layer on top of the prepared turkey (or chicken).
8. Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour & 20 minutes.
Makes 24 servings
He & She Tip: We usually do not use an entire cup of ketchup, instead we will add ketchup & mustard to the top once we are ready to eat the meatloaf.
Gluten Free Version : Use Gluten-Free Quick Cooking Oats as an alternative
*Recipe from bodybuilding.com. You can find it here.