It's Friday!! Let's celebrate the completion of our work week with a fabulous recipe for a clean dessert that won't keep you from your goals!
1/4 CUP Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/2 CUP Oat Flour
1/2 TSP sea salt
1 1/2 CUP cold egg whites or 10-12 large egg whites
1 TBSP cold water
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TSP vanilla extract
1/2 CUP Stevia in the Raw
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8" baking pan with pure olive oil spray.
2. Combine flour and salt together in a small bowl by whisking together.
3. Using an electric mixer (I LOVE my KitchenAid stand mixer for this!), beat cold egg whites, cold water, lemon juice and vanilla on medium speed until the egg whites increase about 4-5 times their volume and become "fluffy."
4. Keep mixer on medium and mix in the Stevia in the Raw. The egg whites will form soft peaks at the top.
5. Using a rubber spatula, begin folding in the flour mixture a little at a time. (Fold, then add, fold, then add, repeat.)
6. Pour batter into pan, evening out the surface of the mixture with the rubber spatula.
7. Bake for approximately 35-38 minutes until cake is cooked in the middle. You can use the toothpick test for this.
8. Allow cake to cool. Cut into 9 pieces and top with your favorite fruit topping to serve.
This makes 9 servings in an 8 x 8" pan.
Per serving, not including strawberries (as shown)
Calories - 73
Fat - 1g
Carbs - 10g
Sugars - 3g
Protein - 6g
Sodium - 283mg
He & She Tip: If you want a fun topping, slice berries, put them in a bowl and add a TBSP of water or lemon juice. Microwave for 30 seconds and your fruit will begin to make a syrup! (It's great on waffles or pancakes too!)
Another He & She Tip: Refrigerate your left overs. This will stay good for about a week.