1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl & set aside:
- 1/3 cup Xylitol (or 1/4 cup of Stevia in the Raw)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
3. Mix the following ingredients together in a large bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups of oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Xylitol (or 1/4 cup of Stevia in the Raw)
4. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup or 1 4 oz jar of applesauce baby food
- 1/4 cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional - but highly recommend)
5. Mix the ingredients from step 4 & step 3 together.
6. Spray 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray.
6. Pour a shallow layer of batter into the dish (about 1/4 of the batter).
7. Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture (from step 1).
8. Repeat with the remaining batter & add the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
9. Draw a knife through the batter to marble.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
Macros (these are the macros for the ingredients that I use - yours may vary)
Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 8 g
Protein: 5 g
These can also be made in a loaf pan & cut into slices like bread. I have also made these in a round bundt pan at Christmas so that it would look like a wreath.
My preference is to use Xylitol for the cinnamon mixture & use Stevia in the Raw in the actual batter. I also highly recommend using the optional yogurt!
He & She Tip: Once the protein bars have cooled, separate them into Ziploc bags or Saran Wrap so you can grab-and-go! You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com. You can find it here.