Thursday, June 21, 2012
Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
Don't let the number of steps sway you from trying this recipe! It is amazing! You will totally feel like you are "cheating" because it is THAT GOOD! These are a delicious treat that are yummy for breakfast or a small snack when you are on the run!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl & set aside:
- 2 tsp cinnamon
3. Mix the following ingredients together in a large bowl:
- 2 scoops vanilla protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
4. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup or 1 4 oz jar of applesauce baby food
- 1/4 cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional - but highly recommend)
5. Mix the ingredients from step 4 & step 3 together.
6. Pour a shallow layer of batter into the dish (about 1/4 of the batter).
7. Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture (from step 1).
8. Repeat with the remaining batter & add the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
9. Draw a knife through the batter to marble.
10. Bake for 24-28 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 8 g
Protein: 5 g
He & She Tip: Once the protein bars have cooled, separate them into Ziploc bags or Saran Wrap so you can grab-and-go! You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com. You can find it here.