Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
adapted from Jamie Eason's Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar Recipe
4 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup oat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
3 egg whites
1/4 c Stevia in the Raw
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz water
1 medium granny smith apple - grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a glass baking pan with olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
3. Combine the following ingredients in a bowl, whisking together to combine. Set aside.
- protein powder
- oat flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
4. Using another bowl, combine the following ingredients, whisking together to combine.
- egg whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- low-fat cottage cheese
5. Add wet ingredients (2nd bowl, step #4) to dry ingredients (1st bowl, step #3), whisking to combine.
6. Fold in grated apple and mix to combine.
7. Pour batter into glass baking pan.
8. Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes.
Makes 16 servings.
(vary depending on protein powder used)
He & She Tip: Does it matter if I use a glass pan? Can I use a non-stick pan? YES! It does matter! For some reason, you get a much more cake-like consistency if you use a glass pan - trust us!
Another He & She Tip: Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives and will spoil if left out.
I hope you enjoy them! Let me know how yours turn out! Did you try any variations?