5 cups baked sweet potatoes, peeled
2/3 cup 2% milk
slightly less than 1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pecans, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and wrap whole sweet potatoes (unpeeled) in individual foil pockets.
2. Once oven is heated, place sweet potatoes on wire oven rack or place on baking sheet and then place in oven. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until sweet potatoes are soft.
3. Remove sweet potatoes and baking sheet (if used) from oven. Allow potatoes to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Unwrap foil pockets and peel skin off of potatoes (this is optional if you prefer mashed potatoes with the skin - personally, I have not tried the recipe with the skin on.) PLEASE NOTE: Be especially careful due to the temperature of the potatoes and skins - you can get burned if not careful! Place peeled sweet potatoes in a large bowl or in a bowl of a stand mixer.
5. Add milk, agave nectar, cinnamon and nutmeg to bowl.
6. Mix using an electric mixer for approximately 3-5 minutes until all ingredients are combined and potatoes are fluffy. Add pecans if desired.
7. Using a shallow ceramic dish, transfer sweet potato mixture and place in oven to bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Garnish with additional pecans if desired.
Tip: Sweet potatoes taste great the next day! Just don't forget to refrigerate them!
Click here for another variation of the recipe!
Did you make it? What do you think?